I’m one of those people who has struggled with my weight and body image nearly by entire life. I’ve been up, I’ve been down, and everything in between. I’ve tried everything — from Weight Watchers to Atkins to fasting. I’ve counted calories and macros. I’ve never been able to find anything that would stick.
I’ve also had a love/hate relationship with running and exercise for as long as I can remember. I ran in my late teens for fun and did a few local races here and there. Between 1990 and 2009, I primarily ran to burn calories during weight loss efforts. However, I always had a marathon on my bucket list. In 2009, I came across an ad for the Las Vegas Marathon: what better place to run a marathon than my favorite city? I didn’t train well, and finished in just a few seconds under six hours. Since then, I’ve taken a more serious approach to running in an effort to improve and get faster. Some days I love it. Some days I hate it. I’ve had some success. I’ve been burned out. I’ve had most common running injuries at one point or another. But I keep at it!
In 2016, I got so tired of “just” running, that I decided to give triathlon a try and haven’t looked back! I’ve also added strength training and yoga to the mix.
My personal highlights:
- I’m in my late forties (an in denial about it)
- I married an amazing man (and wicked fast runner) on July 6, 2013
- I have two kids (ages 13 and 14), and two step kids (ages 17 and 23)
- I have three cats
- I earned my credential as an ACE-Certified Personal Trainer in May 2013
- I earned my credential as an ACE-Certified Health Coach in March 2015
- I completed the ACE Weight Management Specialist program in November 2017
- I live in Albany, New York
- In the past, I worked for Weight Watchers as a meeting leader and ambassador
- I work as Deputy Executive Director for a non-profit organization
- I am the membership chair of the Hudson Mohawk Road Runners Club (HMRRC)
- My husband and I have directed the HMRRC Mother’s Day 5K bRUNch for 7 years now
My fitness highlights:
- I’ve been running regularly since August of 2009
- I’ve completed 18 marathons in 15 states
- The Las Vegas Marathon was my first, in December 2009
- I’ve completed dozens of half marathons (one of these days I’ll count them all!)
- In 2013, I ran three full marathons in 22 days
- I placed third in my age group in a 5K once
- I’m a Marathon Maniac, Half Fanatic and therefore, a Double Agent
- I complete the Ironman Lake Placid 70.3 in September 2017
- My son loves to run 5K races, but hates to train (wonder where he gets that from?)
- I take horrible running pictures. However, this one finishing with my son is a favorite:
|5K||27:19||8:47||Father’s Day 5K||2012|
|10K||1:00:13||9:42||HMRRC Winter Series #3||2015|
|Half Marathon||2:11:01||10:00||Make it a Great Day Half Marathon||2012|
|Full Marathon||4:58:46||11:24||Vermont City Marathon||2012|
I came super-close to beating my marathon time in 2016 — within a minute!
Thank you for taking the time to visit — I would love to connect with you!